There's nothing like a fresh summer breakfast featuring sweet and juicy strawberries. This recipe is no exception and the best thing is, we've also come up with a strawberry & chia jam that takes literally 10 minutes to make and that gives a healthy twist to traditional jam recipes involving a lot of added sugar.
Maple, Cranberry & Strawberry Overnight Oats
- 1 packet maple cranberry overnight oats
- 1\3 cup almond milk (or any other milk)
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp coconut yogurt (or any other yogurt)
- A few strawberries and\or raspberries for garnish
- Coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
- For the strawberry & chia jam (serves about 2) : 1 cup strawberries + 1 tbsp chia seeds + 1\2 tbsp lemon juice + 1\2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Add the almond milk, the dried cranberries and 1 tbsp of chia seeds to the maple-cranberry overnight oats.
- Mix well and let sit overnight or for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- In a small saucepan, heat the strawberries over medium-high until they start to break down.
- Mash the strawberries with a fork and add in the lemon juice, maple syrup and chia seeds.
- Mix well and remove from the heat. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Top your overnight oats with the strawberry & chia jam, coconut yogurt and fresh fruits.
If you try this recipe, don't forget to share it with us at @Yumiorganics or by email email@example.com. We love seeing your creations ❤️